Contributor Guidelines for Sending Files to The Wall
The Wall is a title we keep in defiance of any current, uncharitable use. We refer you to Shakespeare's play within a play in Midsummer Nights Dream, where the simple craftsmen who produce it meant it to serve as a means of communication between lovers. We strive to offer literate, fine content that can be read in or about one hour and we strive to honor original languages whenever possible, but printing those first, along with their English translation.
For all submitted work:
1) Please send all documents, pdfs, and jpgs as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org We will also accept zip files
that include a folder containing the whole submission.
2) Documents should be in MSWord .doc or .docx PLUS a pdf version ("Save as pdf" in most print options.)
3) If images are to be included in your text please also be sure they are embedded and captioned (with proper credit given)
in your pdf version so we can see preferred format, size, and placement. And, please, send jpg copies in addition.
4) As a precaution, please also include all captions and credits for jpgs at the bottom of the Word text file.
5) Where applicable, please include capsule bios at the bottom of the text file(s).
6) Format for text files:
- Please use Palatino, Times, or Times New Roman.
- 12 point type, double spaced
- Text should be flush left, rag (unjustified) right
- Use block paragraphs (no indents) with an extra line space between paragraphs
- We realize the importance of diacriticals in other languages, but our knowledge of them may be limited, so when or if you are sending the original with a translation, please be sure all such notations are correct.
7) Some of our readers have limited bandwidth, so try to avoid large files (e.g. large media files); and do check with us if you have music/voice files that you wish incorporated.
8) Please adhere to deadlines.